ISM / ISPS Management
ISMand ISPS are important tools-to operate our vessels in a safe and secure way. VENUS Shipping - as managing company have an assumed responsibility to ensure safety, to ensure human injury or loss of life, and to avoid damage to the environment and to property.
ISM – International Safety ManagementThe ISM code came into force on the 1st July, 2002, and requires that the managing company must be responsible for the technical maintenance of the ship by preparing a complete SMS – system.
VENUS Shippingis certified according to this code, and can thereby act as DOC-holder for other ships.
VENUS Shipping- as managing Company - will full fill these obligations by being responsible for:
- Monthly maintenance - Monthly reports are sent to company by ships staff to inform status of machinery and safety equipment re our SMS-system.
- Technical support - We have a 24 hours support available for trouble shooting.
- Crew - As managing company - we ensure that crew is properly qualified and medically fit.
- Certification and survey maintenance - We will organize and keep record of all surveys
- Audits - We will arrange external audits and carry out internal audits.
ISPS – International Ship & Port SecurityThe ISPS code became mandatory for all ship owners and their technical managers the 1st July, 2004. To comply with the ISPS-code we will prepare SSA (Ships Security Assessment) and SSP (Ship Security Plan).
VENUS Shipping- as managing Company - will assure that security is high effective by:
- Threats– ensuring that the SSP (Ships Security Plan) is modified to correct deficiencies and satisfy the security requirements of the individual ship.
- Audits– The Company carries out necessary audits.
- Security- wemake sure that crew have the adequate training for the security of the ship, and make sure that annual drills will be carried out.